The Workout Horse

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

I write this from the comfort of my sofa, curled into a ball watching tonight's playoff basketball game. I feel about as beat up as the ball their fighting over bouncing down the court. I wouldn't be surprised if I woke up with a bruise in the morning, courtesy of slipping during 60-second planks. There' a part of me cursing this feeling, but mostly, I'm grateful for it. Today's workout might have kicked my ass, but it's also whipping it into shape. And with summer quickly approaching (today was 75ยบ, sunny and gorgeous), that's a good thing.

I know that anytime someone says they're "getting fit for summer", a fitness guru groans in frustration and loses it's wings. By now, we all know that fitness should be a lifestyle change not a seasonal fad. I'm looking to get fit again for life truly. But, in my opinion, having a goal in mind never hurts. I've been talking about losing weight and toning up for summer since the beginning of the year, but it's much easier said then done. Over the past few months, I've dropped a few pounds, but nothing close to what I need to get rid of. I'd fallen off the metaphorical 'workout horse' and I was losing motivation fast.


I've mentioned the girls from Tone It Up a few times on the blog in connection with the Love Your Body series. I just love watching these ladies, the consistency in which they update their site and the positive outlook they have on everything. So when they announced their Bikini Series, a workout series geared towards getting in shape for summertime, I was game. The series is loaded with booty-kicking routines, delicious meals and snacks, and inspirational sunset challenges. It's one of those routines that had me near death today at the gym. When you've made it through HIIT cardio and a fully body workout, the last thing you want to do is a booty blasting routine that calls for one-legged squats and so many booty bridges you feel like it's going to fall off. As I worked through the final routine, I muttered obscenities at the ground but I felt great. Accomplished. So I can lounge on my sofa with a few Trader Joe's sea salt caramel cookies (I left that bit out earlier didn't I? :)) and hopefully watch LeBron cry over another loss, without any guilt.


If you've been lacking the motivation to get moving or simply can't find a workout routine that works for you, check out Karena and Katrina at Tone It Up. We're halfway through the series, but it's worth checking out anyway. Bikini Series or not, their website is like a fitness goldmine.      

And now it looks like Miami might win tonight's game. Whatever.


1; 2.

1 comment:

  1. Will check thm out! Definitely easier said than done! Ugh

    ReplyDelete

Leave me love ❤ If you don't get a response from me, it's probably because you're a no-reply blogger. Fix that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...