May's Monthly Goals

Thursday, May 7, 2015

When I posted my April monthly goals, I was really excited for the recap where I got to say "I did all these things." Ha! You'd think I'd forgotten to make goals, considering the expertise with which I ignored them. But we don't give up around these parts, especially when setting goals and connecting with other bloggers is so damn fun. So I'm linking up with Drea again for May goals.


First, we recap, although we really, really don't want to. Last month we promised we'd:

  1. Lose some weight - I'm counting this as done. I haven't weighed myself recently, but clothes are fitting a bit loser and my eating habits have been loads better since then.
  2. Read Notes from Underground by Dostoevsky - Pssh! Nope. Total fail on this one. 
  3. Complete a few projects - WIN! More info on this below.
  4. Finish the draft of my novel - Ha! Who am I kidding? 
  5. Comment on blog - Another major fail, but one that will be changing next week at the latest. 
So I'm batting what? Like 200? Eeep! Well, on to May's goals:

+ Write the novel - Last month's fail at this puts my D2 deadline of June somewhere out there in a land I call "not gonna happen." But I can't let that ruin my motivation. All I can do is place this goal back on the list and hope for better this time. "Let the guilt remind us to do better next time." (Quote stolen from Divergent obviously because I'm a book nerd.)

+ Read Notes from Underground - I'm not that much of a book nerd clearly seeing as this too is a carry over from last month. Instead I read other books, like A Thousand Pieces of You (which I loved and reviewed here), as well as currently re-reading City of Heavenly Fire because talk of the tv show this week put me in the mood. I really need to read more classics, though I'll never leave YA land for good. I love you, YA <3
Note: Quick mini goal. I need to read Aristotle and Dante Discover the Universe by next week, because that review was suppose to be up this past Tuesday and, well, it wasn't. Fail.

+ Build the "I Feel Infinite" Series - I mentioned last week that I was beginning an Instagram series where I'd be posting my original prose daily. I've been doing great so far, but then again, it's only been like, what, 6 days? Not throwing a victory party just yet. However, I did successfully put myself out there and finally completed one of those projects on my list, so I have high hopes for this month.

+ Keep losing weight - Self-explanatory, right? For reals.

+ Launch my website - Another project I've been working on for the past six weeks, and a kinda big one in the internet/blogging world, right? I'm working steadily on building a website to house my freelance work and my blog and well, just my internet self, and I'm excited to combine everything into my own little space. The url "www.thekaridiaries.com" will still function and link directly to my blog page, but branding, design and platform will be changing over sometime next week. I'm so excited to share this new space with you, but for now, a sneak peek will be post on my Instagram this afternoon!

+ Launch a newsletter - Everything I've ever read about building a brand and an internet presence has one thing in common: start a newsletter. I've always shied away from it because it seems so official, you know? But having subscribed to a few over the past couple of months and launching the Skylights newsletter, I've realized how fun it can be. A newsletter gives you the opportunity to just talk readers informally, like sitting around with your girlfriends gossiping and draining bottles of wine. And I mean, I wanna do that with you all! <3

What are your goals for the month? Have you linked up with Drea?

5 comments:

  1. You can do it!!!!!! At least one of us is losing weight. Womp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the clothes fitting better girlfran!! good luck for May :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Newsletters are a great idea! I've somewhat thought about that idea, but I think it's much farther down the road for me and my blog. Congrats on the clothes fitting better! That is one of my aims this month too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your goals!! They say the scale isn't the best indicator so it's great that you can NOT weigh in (me, not so much). It will be exciting to see your progress when you finally do weigh in. And writing a novel takes time!! Just keep plugging away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my goals this month is to finish reading Mindy Kaling's book, "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)." I've had this darn book for at least two years and still haven't read it in its entirety. I just don't have the attention span and brain power to read books anymore. I blame college for this. Luckily, Mindy's funny and since her book is sorta autobiographical, it's not that hard to get through. Good luck with your goals for May and I can't wait for the newsletter to launch! :))

    Drea
    thedreadaily.com

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...