Things I Don't Believe In.

Friday, March 21, 2014

I was inspired by a post I saw a few weeks ago while browsing through blogs, but I can't remember which one. If anyone knows, comment below so I can give them credit!

Because every post needs at least one picture & I'm really diggin my lashes and brows in this one (see previous post).

++ Commercials. Unless I have something to get during the break or I've gotta go, I usually can't stand the dreaded commercial break. And of course, they always happen just as Katherine's voice comes out of Elena's mouth or Cyrus tells Olivia that she & Fitz are not star-crossed lovers - basically the "oh shit" moment. There's nothing worse than a commercial cliffhanger. Except maybe the cliffhanger at the end of an episode. That blows.

++ The Dentist. I can't say I don't understand the necessity. I just really really don't like going to the dentist's office. The terror from visits still lingers after burrowing* itself into my tiny little head 20 years ago. As a child, I'd always get in trouble for having a cavity, even though it wasn't my fault. I had really deep grooves in my teeth that regular brushing just can't get to. TMI? Probably. "Laughing gas" has always made me nauseous not happy, and the big ass numbing needle is freaking scary. And I just don't like being poked and prodded like a test subject on a slab of marble, okay?
     * Btw, I really like this word "burrowing". It's like I can just see it happening, that animal of fear digging it's way into my innocent little heart to dwell there foe evarr.          Just me? My Bad. 

++ Chapped lips. This is probably on everyone's list, but in this dead of winter weather Manhattan has been experiencing recently, it has become a daily annoyance of mine. I've lost track of all lip blams because I stuff them arbitrarily into coat pockets and purses. And when you've only just run out to the corner bodega for a bagel at 7am, grabbing just your wallet, and the wind hits you in face so hard that you can almost feel your lips screaming? Worst. Feeling. Ever.

++ Too much Sex And The City. Well, not literally, of course. That's... potentially, really unsanitary. Just sayin'. I've probably watched every episode of Carrie & Co. 3 times over and never get tired of it. E! always plays mini marathons on Saturdays and I'll just keep it on while I do things around the house (aka sit on the couch mesmerized and ignore the dirty dishes in the sink). When I watch the show, I fall in love with the city all over again, and feel the urge to go out and rediscover it.

++ Rejecting "my roots" because I don't have natural hair. #TeamNatural girls irk my existence. Yeah, I chemically relax my hair and wear clip-in extensions when I feel like it. So what? All it means is that I miss my bra-strap length hair and I don't miss crying my eyes out as my mother tried to detangle my 'natural' hair as a child. It most definitely doesn't mean that I reject my beautiful brown skin. I'm not throwing any shade your way because you choose to rock natural locks; let me be with my 'unnatural' hair.

++ Seeing the movie before reading the book. I just can't do it. It's like I'm programmed to reject the thought and although this has made for many awkward conversations (friend: wanna go see _____ this weekend? me: sorry, i can't. i have to read the book first), I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm sure this 'programming' stems from my desire to be an author myself, and the hopes that if I were ever honored with publication and further a movie adaptation, that people would read my words first. Wishful thinking. Besides, the book is always better! There are so many books I need to read because I'm anxious for the upcoming film like The Fault In Our Stars and The Maze Runner. Oh, and this 'programming' is also the reason I have yet to see Harry Potter 5-8 because I have yet to read 5-7 (I heard my favorite character died in 5 and have been reluctant to read it ever since).
Which brings me to the film adaptation I saw last night - Divergent! I was a bundle of nerves for about the first ⅓ of the movie, and I left as a bundle of tears. It wasn't perfect but it was so much better than I expected. But don't take my word for it, I cried through most of the movie because I'm ridiculous. Go see it for yourself! Like now. Hurry along :)

What are some things you don't believe in? I'm sure the weekend isn't one of them. Happy Friday!

8 comments:

  1. i love this list. I'm with you on HAVING to read the book before the movie. I just can't do the other way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to see that some people agree with me there. No one reads anymore.

      Delete
  2. love this post !! i can relate to quite a few of these.
    can't wait to write one like this myself :)


    www.futurelawyergirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post! lol chapped lips!!


    www.rcsoatl.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely LOVE that last point. Speaking of, I finished Divergent earlier this week and I'm going to see the movie this weekend hopefully. I've heard mixed things. I enjoyed the book and can't wait to read the next ones, but it still isn't my favorite. I'm not really seeing all the hype that it has been getting, but I have enjoyed it. Maybe I'm just a die-hard Hunger Games fan...oh well.


    Also, I saw the trailer for The Maze Runner! That book has been on my list to read for awhile too! Have you read those yet?? I need to jump on that before it comes out later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Insurgent (the 2nd book) is my favorite of the three so maybe that will make you switch your allegiance :) I get it though I love Hunger Games too, but I like the Divergent series because I like the addition of romance and the setting in a big city.

      I haven't read the MazeRunner but it's on my list for sure. Not only do the book and movie seems interesting, but Dylan O'Brien is one of my favs and he's got the lead role of Thomas.

      Delete
  5. This post is old, but I wanted to comment on it anyway. :) I was actually an extra in Divergent so I had a special investment in it. I also really like Theo James so there's that. ;) As for the natural hair, I am a natural girl, but I don't hate on anyone who doesn't go that way. It's one of the best things I did for my hair, but that doesn't mean I don't miss having smooth edges and no shrinkage! You do you. You're not hurting anyone, so rock those long locks. I see you read a lot of YA--that's what I mostly read too. So I'm about to add you on Goodreads.

    See you on the FB group! :)

    - Ronni
    http://anywhere-is.net

    ReplyDelete

Leave me love ❤ If you don't get a response from me, it's probably because you're a no-reply blogger. Fix that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...