Ipsy My Glam Bag July 2013

Thursday, August 8, 2013

You know that feeling when you've ordered something and it's coming any day now? Like a child skipping down the stairs two at a time on Christmas morning. I probably check my mailbox 3 times per day when I know my Ipsy My Glam Bag is on its way.
Because of the hell-month that was July, I didn't get a chance to enjoy, let alone review, what came in my hot pink metallic package (Whoever thought to use this packaging is a marketing genius. The shiny envelope alone draws me in). So, I just wanted to do a quick review of the things I received in July's beach-themed bag. 


Doesn't this just make you wanna run to the beach?!

COOLA  Mineral Sunscreen 
It's been said tons of times, but a little really does go a long way with this product. For the past two weeks, I've been swiping this on under my primer (which was the only makeup look I could muster at the time). It's light but moisturizing and seemed to smooth out my face even before I put on my primer. Win! Plus, the first ingredient of this organic product is Safflower Seed Oil, which helps prevent water from leaving your skin and contains vitamins A, D, K and E (Click here to read more about the benefits of this oil).



salt air Roll-On Perfume Oil
This perfume smells heavenly. The best and simplest way to describe it is that it smells of summer. It's a very light, fresh scent that reminds me  of  the breeze that hits your face as you stand just close enough to the coast  that the remnants of waves crash softly into your ankles. At .29 fluid ounces, it's the perfect size to stash in your makeup bag when you head to the beach, and the perfect scent to dab on your wrist before sitting out to tan or walking along the boardwalk with friends. Another plus? It retails for $10, which is the price of the Ipsy bag  per month :).     

Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray (pictured above)
This 1.7 fluid ounce spray bottle came packaged in a plastic bag to prevent it from leaking onto the other products. I really like that Ipsy thinks about the millions of mishaps that can happen while my package travels across the country. I must admit that I haven't really used this spray very much yet, but it smells great, it contains Argan oil and it has this convenient locking ring. I did use it once to twist my long bangs out of my face and it held up nicely without drying out my hair, so I'm liking it so far.    

Pop Pouty Pop Crayon in Coral Crush
The summer-y coral color of this lip crayon isn't its only plus. As you apply it to your lips, it goes on easily due to its creamy texture and smells faintly of mint. Twist the black piece at the bottom and you notice that there is over an inch of product in the tube. It tints my lips perfectly and looks amazing paired with a skin-toned lip liner (MAC's Chestnut or Cork for me). With NYX's Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Nude Peach overtop, it creates a subtle coral lip that's right on trend but not too bold. It retails for a little over $4 (sold in a set of 6 for $25).   



BH Cosmetics California Collection Sample Palette
The sample contains an eyeshadow color from each of the 3 California Palettes - a rich purple from the Hollywood palette, a shimmery neutral brown from  the San Francisco palette, and a high beam gold from the Malibu palette. All 3 are highly pigmented and last for quite some time with a primer underneath. My personal favorites are the brown (which comes up a bit sheer on my skin tone yet adds wonderful dimension in my crease) and gold, which inspired me to purchase both of their respective palettes, San Francisco and Malibu. They will be perfect for traveling/vacations or just to pop in my daily makeup bag. Also, I have to mention that I love the packaging of this sample. The front flap is magnetic, eliminating the possibility of the product shattering in my makeup bag after I inevitably forget to close it.  

I'm impressed with this bag and I look forward to the bag for August, which is rumored to include Urban Decay and/or Michael Todd products! The fact that this subscription is only $10 per month blows my mind!

Oh & go here to follow me on Bloglovin'!

xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me love ❤ If you don't get a response from me, it's probably because you're a no-reply blogger. Fix that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...