Wedding Guest Glam: Purple Smokey Eyes & Pouty Neutral Lips

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Rule #1: NEVER outshine the bride! Although the bride of the wedding I attended this weekend is far too beautiful to be outshined by any mere mortal woman, it shouldn't even be attempted and this still remains the most important rule of wedding etiquette. Well, except of course, the age old restriction of leaving white to the bride (but that kinda fits into the whole "never outshine" thing, right?). Notwithstanding these rules that every wedding guest should know, a wedding guest should always look fabulous in her own right and so that's the inspiration for this post.

For the wedding, I donned a black dress with lots of lace detailing at the top with black strappy Zara sandals, so I figured I'd amp up the makeup look to bring some glam into my outfit! I contemplated going for the ever-appropriate red lip and basic smokey eye, but as slicking on some red lipstick is usually my go-to makeup fix, I wanted to go with something a little different (Plus, red lips and a smokey eye can also come across a bit sexy - see Rule #1). It's a night wedding so a deep purple eye is fun yet subtle, in my opinion, and I balanced the heavy eye with a nude/neutral lip.



Face: 
Smashbox Photofinish Primer (not pictured) 
YSL Le Teint Foundation in B70
MAC Prolongwear Concealer in NC45 (under eye)
Ben Nye Banana Powder (under eye)
Laura Mercier Camouflage (spot concealer)
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Dark 
Dior Amber Diamond Highlighter 
MAC Blunt Blush (contour)
NYX Cinnamon Blush
Urban Decay DeSlick Spray



Eyes:
MAC Handwritten (blend out color)
MAC Nocturnelle (lid)
BH Day & Night Palette Deep Purple (outer corner) and Sparkly Purple (lower lash line)
MAC Carbon (outer corner)
Stila liquid liner
Benefit They're Real Mascara & Ardell #301 accent lashes (not pictured) 


Lips:
Jordana Baby Berry Lipliner
Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Naturally Chic
Khroma Beauty Au Natural In the Flesh lipgloss

Have you got any tips or looks for wedding guest makeup and style? Comment below!

xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me love ❤ If you don't get a response from me, it's probably because you're a no-reply blogger. Fix that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...