Summer-ish Reading List

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Photo Credit
For the past three years, I was never able to just pick up a book and read it. At least not one that entertained me so much that I sat in bed reading it until the morning hours. The only books sleeping with me for the past few years were Contracts or Corporations (aside from those few weeks last year when I took a Law and Literature class and actually got to read Camus and Dostoeysky!). Law school reading is so different from any other kind of reading and while I enjoy Torts law and Securities law because of the dramatic scenarios people get into, neither of those compare to the dark drama of a Bronte sister's novel. It was heartbreaking not to able to curl up with a good novel because I've always loved reading. My father taught me to read from a newspaper when I was four years old, and they say I loved reading aloud and listening to the sound of my own voice (Narcissistic little toddler, wasn't I?). Over the past few months while studying for the bar, I began to put this reading list together. It's a long list because I'm always hearing about new books I want to read, but this is a shorter, "read now" version of it now that I'm free for the final month of the summer:
  • The Great Gatsby by Scott Fitzgerald
  • Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins 
  • Atonement by Ian McEwan
  • Just Listen by Sarah Dessen 
  • Les Misérables by Victor Hugo 
  • Divergent by Veronica Roth 
  • Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
  • The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde 
  • Gossip Girl series by Cecily Von Ziegesar 
The entire list is on my Goodreads account. Be my reading buddy here

And if you have any thoughts about books I should read or if you've read any of the books on my list, please comment below. I'd love to hear what you think!

xoxo,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me love ❤ If you don't get a response from me, it's probably because you're a no-reply blogger. Fix that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...