Heavenly Vase [DIY]

Monday, April 7, 2014

Every now and then I get the notion that I can make all the things. Putting a glass shelf on the bottom of my coffee table. Makeshift dividers for my dresser drawers. Repairing the wooden beam beneath my sofa. It's usually a fleeting feeling but it's kinda of a secret aspiration of mine.

I've been really intrigued by the 50,882,761 DIY pins of mason jars. Before Pinterest, a mason jar was just a container one used to can things. Now, it's a glass jar full of endless possibilities, hopes and dreams. When you combine that notion with the tiring search for a vase that isn't so large it makes my 6 blooms look lonely, you get me, fiddling and fussing with random crafting materials and trying to get something spectacular (or at least semi-presentable) out of it. I've seen many a glitter and sparkly, and although dazzled, I went for a solid blue with a metallic gold top to tie into my living room decor.


Here's how I did it, in case you want to out-do me, which shouldn't be hard at all. (Also, please forgive the coloring of some of these photos).

1 pint mason jar; Spray paint in "Heavenly" blue; Spray paint in "Metallic" gold






For a more opaque color like mine, let the first coat dry for about 30 minutes before going in for the second. While spraying (especially for the metallic), continue holding the nozzle down as you move the can. This help you get an even coat of color as opposed to the splotchy result from short bursts. 


And it's just that easy. Wait for it all to dry (it took around 2 hours for me), turn it upright and screw on the lid, and arrange your favorite blooms in it. A fine addition this shall make to my coffee table decor.  


Have you ever been pressured into DIY-ing by Pinterest? How'd it come out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me love ❤ If you don't get a response from me, it's probably because you're a no-reply blogger. Fix that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...