Counting My Blessings

Thursday, November 28, 2013

How many times do we ask someone for something? Now, contrast that with how many times we say "thank you" for the things we have? I'll admit it: my comparison is embarrassingly unbalanced. It's just so easy for hardworking, focused gals to shoot for the stars and forget the wonderful things we've got below. When fall began, I vowed to take the time to count my blessings in my fall bucket list post. What better time than Thanksgiving to do that?

"Thankful" by Josh Groban

Graduating law school & passing the bar. I get really down on myself at times for all the things I'm convinced I should've accomplished by now. But the truth is, although I've got so much more to accomplish, I've done quite well for myself so far.



Unconditional love from my parents. Our parents will always care about us because they made us. But, frankly, they don't have to love us unconditionally, and I'm so lucky that mine do. Whether it's my mom's courtesy calls to talk about the Voice contestants or my dad bringing me treats he thought I'd like while he was shopping, I'm reminded everyday about how amazing they both are. And that's a huge understatement. I wouldn't be, at all, if it were not for them.


My incredibly sweet boyfriend, who's way too good to me. Speaking of my prince, I'm truly blessed to have a man in my life who's tolerated me and my eccentricities for far longer than I expected. Not just tolerated, but loved. Neither of us are perfect, but our silly dance parties and cuddle fights are moments I live for. I've always been content on my own, but you make me a long for a life with someone beside me. And I truly believe that person can be you.

 


Supportive yet inspiring best friends. The people I'm lucky enough to call my best friends are each amazing in their own right, but collectively, they form an invaluable support system - always there to catch my tears when they fall but give me room to grow absent judgement and fear.


Lipstick Stains & Coffee Cups. I started blogging this July as a way to break up the agony that is studying for the bar. Truthfully, I should've done so long ago. I've always felt like writing was the best and only logical way for me to express myself. Nothing seemed to come out right anyway else. I'm so thankful for this blog and the people I've connected with along the way.

Photo Credit

A beautiful NYC skyline for reminding me that this world is so much bigger than myself and my daily struggles. That no matter what is going on in my life, I can always depend on those city lights to set the sky ablaze night after night. Cheers to this city, for being alive and welcoming no matter what time I take to the streets for a long walk to clear my mind. For being my sanity and my solitude. You complete me :)



Finding  myself. Sometimes, I get frustrated because I'm twenty-five and just now feel like I'm finding myself. And furthermore, I went through those crucial "finding years" between 18 and 22, only to realize I knew who I was and wanted to be all along. I have to remind myself constantly that there are so many people older than I who have yet to begin finding themselves because they don't even know that they're lost. Yes, that's a paraphrase from Avicii's "Wake Me Up" because it embodies much of what I've been feeling these past few months. Whether it's about finding myself or creating myself, I'm so lucky to be here, now.  

Photo Credit; Edited by me

What are you thankful for this year?

2 comments:

Leave me love ❤ If you don't get a response from me, it's probably because you're a no-reply blogger. Fix that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...