I Have A Confession.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013



I'm addicted to Instagram. Well, that's not much of a confession these days.

Correction. I'm addicted to Instagram comments. Hmm, that's a little odd.

To be specific, I'm addicted to the hating-type comments and commenting fights people get into  over a celebrity/pseudo-celebrity's post on Instagram. Okay, this woman needs therapy. 
You see the problem now, right? Seriously, I can't quite figure out when I stopped being a lover, but suddenly watching or rather reading people hate on celebrities can occupy me for nearly an hour before I snap myself out of it. It's like a trance. I actually don't follow that many celebrities on Instagram. But one of their pictures will scroll across my feed (or someone I follow will post a screenshot) and before I know it - I'm clicking and searching and then clicking again, and bam! I bump smack into a comment war about how Kim K's bottom must be fake because how else could it look that good in a white bathing suit post baby weight. And then I'm slightly obsessed with the thread of comments. I must know what was said before and after that comment, and I have to know what made xO_iLoveYouKim call Why_Is_Kim_Relevant a 'dirty hating wannabe hoe'. (Yes, that phrase was uttered as an insult to a Kim K hater. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.) And to top it all off, I'm not even personally invested in the slightest. I mean, I give Kim K props because she looks good, real or not real, but I don't particularly hate her or love her (now Khloe's different - Laahhvvveee her!). So why am I researching this all like a private eye, examining the picture for editing or incision marks and checking the profiles of commenters who seem like attention-seekers? I honestly don't have an answer, at least not a good one.




It's mostly entertaining. It's astounding how personally invested people get with a celebrity's life, which social media platforms like Instagram and Twitter give us an unclose and personal look at daily or whenever they update. And I find it hilarious how people take the time to post such hateful comments on someone's photo and then others find it necessary to defend that person as if they were best friends, resulting a 1,000+ comment love/hate fest. Can't you all just judge and obsess silently like the rest of us (somewhat) normal people? And when did people get so damn mean? It's not like your comments are getting lost in the webs of the internet, never to be seen again. These celebrities get that same little symbol over their heart tab just like the rest of us. I can't imagine opening up Instagram and reading some of those comments.  

Moral of the story: people are despicable. Just kidding. The moral is that I need to find a much better use of my time. For real.

I can't be the only one with a (not so) slightly strange habit on social media. Care to share a few of yours?

7 comments:

  1. lollll I can't lie, I love reading this stuff too. Even though it really does make me sad because I don't understand where these people find the time and energy to be so hateful to someone they don't even know.


    OMG Khloe is totally the best kardashian. I love her too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gooood Lord! People in IG are so ridiculous, I can't even handle it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL i am the same way!!! It annoys me that people get wrapped up with people they dont even know but I cant look away!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really sad. I think I scroll through mostly out of disbelief that people can be so cruel. & yes, girl, Khloeeeee <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya! It'd make me steer clear if I didn't love iG so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's why I can't help but read. I just can't believe some of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I sit there huffing and "omg"-ing but I still sit there reading lol

    ReplyDelete

Leave me love ❤ If you don't get a response from me, it's probably because you're a no-reply blogger. Fix that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...