Friday Favorites and Obsessions

Friday, September 20, 2013



L-to-R: Vanilla Cream Pie, Strawberry Parfait, Monte Carlo


NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream & Butter Gloss. I'm so very late on these as they have been hyped up over the blogsphere and YouTube-sphere (?) for quite some time. I find that I really like NYX lip products and these two do not disappoint. I picked up the Butter Glosses in Vanilla Cream Pie and Strawberry Parfait, which I am currently wearing to death. The glosses have a very smooth texture, smell like a sugar cookie and build up quite nicely. And recently, I purchased the Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo, a deep red color that is great for fall (and I've been searching far and wide for the hot pink shade, Addis Ababa). The lip cream has a satin-y like texture at first, but dries within minutes to a matte. Once it dries, it doesn't transfer at all! Both of these lip products last for a few hours and I find I only have to touch up a few times throughout the day.


This is not my picture. My container is empty :) It's that yummy.







Pomegranate Limeade from Trader Joe's. 
Delicious. I've realized that many of the Trader Joe's juices smell a little weird, but taste quite amazing (Is this just me?). It's a bit sour but I like sour things, and it has a sweet kick to it that I adore. I pick this up literally every time I go grocery shopping and it lasts for about 2 days after I open it. It's that good.

SummerBreak 
I know you're thinking "Seriously, you watch this?" Yes, I know it seems absolutely ridiculous to watch YouTube videos about a group of 17-18 year old LA kids, living their last summer together. And to be honest, it is a bit ridiculous, but I actually enjoyed it. I like seeing people have fun and as I've never been to California, I've always wondered what summer is like over there (I mean, it's like always summer, right?). There are a few 20-minute episodes, but most are only about 4-8 minutes long, making them easy to watch while doing my makeup or cleaning up my apartment. My brain has probably turned to mush while watching this, but I'll live.


Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. After hearing such hype about those NYX lip butters, I purchased the color Crème Brûlée, and it's AH-MAAAZZZING. I love me some NYX products.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me love ❤ If you don't get a response from me, it's probably because you're a no-reply blogger. Fix that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...