Music Playlist: On the Right Side of the Pillow

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A few songs in the morning is just what I need to wake me up and get me ready for the day. There's just something about that perfect song that makes me move lighter on my feet especially when I don't want to move at all. Here's my playlist for my morning routine. I've organized the tracks in a way that correlates with the order in which I do things in the morning. Track #1 is a great song to rise to, beginning rather slow and picking up a nice beat, but it's not overwhelming. And then the strumming of the guitar in track #2, a beautiful song by Fink, is soothing yet has a rhythm that gets me moving. It usually takes me 5 minutes or so to get out of bed and make my way to the bathroom, as I will lay in bed checking emails, Instagram, you know, the important stuff :) By the time track #4 is on, I'm choosing my outfit for the day, while listening to Coldplay sing about  "when I ruled the world". "Try" by Pink is a fun song to curl my hair to because of it's upbeat tempo and my uncontrollable urge to sing along (otherwise, it can get a bit boring, can't it?). By the time, track # 9 is ending I'm usually dressed, so I spend a few minutes picking out accessories and vibing to "Picasso Baby", which is great because I love that song. 

That's a pretty long, drawn-out explanation for a playlist, but there's a method to my madness a.k.a my meticulous way of putting it together, making sure that each song flowed into the next. Basically, this is my perfect playlist that has me waking up "on the right side of the pillow", hence the playlist title. 
     
  1. Intro by The Xx
  2. Warm Shadow by Fink
  3. Sail by AWOLNATION
  4. Viva La Vida by Coldplay
  5. Try by Pink
  6. Be Somebody by Kings of Leon
  7. It's Time by Imagine Dragons
  8. Hold On We're Going Home by Drake
  9. Safe & Sound by Capital Cities
  10. Picasso Baby by Jay-Z




Bonus track! Shakka's "On This Ting" is such a feel good song to get ready to, but I can't find it on Spotify (where I make my playlists) so I can't add it.  But check it out below!



What are your favorite tracks to wake you up? Leave me a comment and let me know. I'm always looking for new songs to get me moving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me love ❤ If you don't get a response from me, it's probably because you're a no-reply blogger. Fix that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...