9 Favorite Halloween Movies

Thursday, October 31, 2013



Just for a bit of Halloween-y fun,
a picture of me all vamped out :)



I'm pretty sure I wouldn't leave my sofa for the full 4 weeks of October if I didn't have to because I love the tv programming so much. Occasionally, I spend the night of October 31st tucked inside my apartment with a few good
movies and lots of treats.

In honor of the awesome-ness that is Halloween and my final Halloween-y post :\, I present my favorite Halloween movies. Some are quite scary as I love horror movies; others are a bit childish to entertain the nostalgic kid in me. I don't watch all of them every year, yet, I consider all of them my Halloween classics and they put me right into the spirit of the day.







1. Hocus Pocus. It's clear that this is my favorite Halloween movie. A must-watch for me every year (and yes, I watched it this past Sunday), it simply reminds me so much of my childhood when I wished for my very own talking cat named Binx.





2. Halloweentown. Another childhood favorite, I love all 4 of the movies in this series. Disney movies simply have a special place in my heart and I was always so fascinated with the storyline of a parallel 'everyday-is-halloween' universe.


3. Double, Double Toil & Trouble. The last nostalgic film on my list (which I can't find a trailer for), I had to include an Olsen twin movie. It's a movie with Mary Kate & Ashley. Enough said.

4. The Craft. When the new girl in town gets recruited into the local high school's coven of 3, the witches cast spells on their peers, which culminate in the typical fashion of a 1990 teen movie. Think Mean Girls except 15 years earlier and much more cryptic.



5. Disturbia. There's no doubt that this 2007 film doesn't compare to the movie on which it is based, Rear Window by Hitchcock, which is untouchable. But I really liked Disturbia in it's own right because it put a contemporary twist on the classic in a way that kept it interesting and suspensful.



6. Stephen King's It. As a child, I was terrified of this movie (Poor Georgie!). But really, it's just a terribly creepy movie. Apparently the book is far better, which I can easily imagine as the movie really isn't the absolute best, but I can't seem to turn it off whenever it's on.



7. Halloween. This 1978 film was the first in the story of Michael Myers, laying the groundwork for the franchise that followed. It's not one of those "old not all that scary" movies, so don't tune in if you're not prepared for a bit of horror!



8. Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It really doesn't matter how many times I see this 2003 remake - the gore and suspense of this film creeps me out and intrigues me every time. It's a gruesome, true story thriller complete with an abandoned house, a chainsaw killer and Jessica Biel who has a figure I'd kill for. What more does a good horror movie need?



9. Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho. I'm not sure what a list of great horror movies would be without mentioning this classic - not that this is strictly a horror movie list, clearly. One of the best horror movies to date, this 1960 flick still finds its way into movie theaters nearby during October.



Apparently, I like to be both happy and horrified during the season (that's a bit odd, isn't it?). What are your favorite Halloween movies? Any flick I should catch before the clock strikes midnight?


3 comments:

  1. Hocus Pocus is my all time favorite! I watched it twice this Halloween season. I can't watch "It" at all. The creepy, clown coming out of the shower drain. No. Thank. You.

    And I think that Texas Chainsaw Massacre with Jessica Biel is the best one.

    And Halloween and Psycho have the classic soundtracks! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop
    myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man,Keep it up. : https://www.fdcmovies.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me love ❤ If you don't get a response from me, it's probably because you're a no-reply blogger. Fix that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...