Friday Favorites & Obsessions

Friday, October 11, 2013

I've got quite a few favorites this week.

Kick-Ass Halloween Costume. While other parents purchase little pink dresses for their daughters to be princesses, Jaime Moore, a wonderful photographer and mother, dressed her daughter up as real, inspirational women when she turned 5. This entire article makes me smile uncontrollably and wish for a baby girl in my (very far) future. Click the photo below for the full article!

Photo Credit

Photo Credit

Oxblood everything! I'm obsessed with this color entirely. It's luxe, rich, gorgeous and surprisingly versatile. I've been trying to get my hands on anything in this shade recently. Oxblood was a pretty big trend last fall and has stuck around this year as well.

Photo Credit



MAC Rebel Lipstick. Sort of a lighter oxblood satin lipstick, but I love it so much it gets a mention all on its own. On my lips, it runs a deep burgundy color, although MAC describes it as a "midtonal cream plum." I've had it for 2 years, yet I still love it so! For a true vampy oxblood shade, try MAC's Fixed On Drama.
















Vanilla Ice Cream Bon Bons with Cookie Crust. I've been loving these for a few weeks now, but never had the box to take a picture because I devoured it (the bon bons, I mean). They are the perfect little dessert for that little taste of sweetness you are craving but with none of the guilt, at only 60 calories each. The box contains 12 individual bon bons and then it's about a week until I'm picking up another box at Trader Joe's. Told you I'm obsessed :)










Photo Credit
Revlon by Marchesa 3D Jewel Appliqués. My love of watching YouTube videos usually leads me to unnecessary purchases. I'm not sure if this will end up being one of them, but I think these appliqués are too pretty to pass up. Ever since I saw them in MissGlamorazzi's video (she talks about her nails around 3:30), I've been searching for them. I'm excited to try these as well as a few other nail trends before I start working and the HR nail patrol regulates what shade of pink I'm wearing.


The Blue Water Grill. As if this place needs anymore raving reviews, but I have to mention it. This restaurant is quite possibly one of the best (if not the best) restaurant I've been to in NYC to date. Every single dish was delicious, although pricey, and I've been thinking about them all week. On Tuesday, I especially couldn't get enough of the blackened swordfish with lump crab and sweet potato hash (see picture) and the salted caramel cake. Both were absolutely to die for!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me love ❤ If you don't get a response from me, it's probably because you're a no-reply blogger. Fix that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...