L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Review & Makeup Look

Tuesday, October 1, 2013


Over a month ago, I caved and purchased the L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation.  After hearing about it for weeks, I finally decided that I had to try it. And at only $10 at my local Bed, Bath and Beyond, how could I say no? Well, I'm sure I could have, but then why? And I love it.

I didn't expect to love it. Quite honestly, it took me by surprise. At first glance,  after pulling it out of the bag at home and opening the cap, I hated it actually. It's an open bottle, which generally translates to a disaster for me. And the color looked too "cool" for my skin tone. I poured a bit onto the back of my hand and actually frowned at it, as it's liquid-y texture spread all over (this really is the only efficient way to apply it though). I wish I could say that upon smoothing the product from my fingertips and onto my face, I fell in love. But it wasn't love. I mean, I liked it no doubt. It went on like liquid and for me dried to more of a satin than a powder. But the lack of coverage left me quite underwhelmed and I quickly applied concealer to my spots and undereye area (because I had heard that double-layering was a no-no) and headed out the door.

Right after application. My face looks airbrushed.

It was when I returned home that I had the "wow, I love this" moment. My makeup still looked pretty flawless after running around Central Park. Yes, that's right. During my first day at Central Park (see yesterday's NYC Love Affair post), my makeup held up amazingly through rowboating, dinner and quite a bit of walking. And then on the second day, my foundation didn't budge despite the long hike from 59th to 85th Street and on the somewhat sweaty subway ride home. I say that's a hell of a feat and L'Oreal Magic Nude crushed it.


I look tired because I was exhausted. 
8 hours after application and this is what we have. The tint of this photo is strange, so it's not depicting the foundation true to color. However, my skin is even-toned (did I just make that word up?) and I only have a bit of shine on the tip of my nose and the very center of my forehead. This is without any finishing powder or setting spray, which I didn't think was necessary because of the formula of this foundation and I don't have oily skin. I'm thinking that this would be a great foundation to carry along to the beach or on an island trip, when you'd like to even complexion but want something incredibly light and well-wearing (did I invent that one too?).

Here are the products I used to complete my look.


Face:
L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation in Soft Sable
MAC Prolongwear Concealer in NC45
MAC Blush in Breezy
Dior Highlighting Powder in Amber Diamond

Eyes:
Benefit Kohl Pencil in Onyx
DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum
L'Oreal Power Volume Collagen Mascara

Lips:
NYX Butter Gloss in Strawberry Parfait (not pictured because I can't find it!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me love ❤ If you don't get a response from me, it's probably because you're a no-reply blogger. Fix that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...