Monday Morning Motivation & A Little Sunshine

Monday, October 21, 2013



- Anthony J. D'Angelo
Because with the sun shining on your face, even the worst days aren't so bad after all.

I won't even try to convince you that I had the forethought to plan today's quote with my blog topic. But as I schedule my "Monday Morning Motivation" post ahead of time, it was going to be next week's post. So almost, right? No, Kari, almost doesn't count.

Well, I've been nominated for the Sunshine Award by the lovely Alicia @ The Finding Years. A newer blogger like myself but with a lot to say (a lot of valuable things I might add), Alicia surely brings sunshine to anyone who reads her blog. She recently began an advice series of sorts, which I'm sure she doesn't think I read (but I do!), dropping so many little nuggets of knowledge (?) on her readers. The idea of this award is to answer the questions given so people can learn more about you, and to nominate bloggers that brighten your day, who will answer the 10 questions you give them.




1. What inspired you to start blogging?

I'd have to say my motivation to blog came from two very separate sources, a person and a passion.
One of my friends has a blog that she uses to document her life and cope with a long distance relationship. Blogging inserted an optimism into her life that I don't think could've come from anywhere else. And now she is one of the most put together young women I know with a wonderful, loving relationship that most women can only dream of.
Writing, as I've said over and over again, is my biggest passion, so I won't bore you by droning on (I wrote a short post on it here about a month ago if you interested). But it's the process of writing that I adore - the thinking, planning, scribbling, developing - and blogging gives me a daily opportunity to do all of that.

2. What is your idea of a perfect day?
I like when I have set things to do because it gets me up and moving, but I also like having a lot of down time. So my perfect day would be: a workout in the morning followed by a bottomless mimosa brunch; a bit of shopping or errands; a few hours at home catching up on tv shows or blogging; dinner and drinks with friends or my boyfriend; and then falling asleep with a good book.

3. If you could interview any person in the world, who would it be and what would be your first question?
This is a tough one! Maybe the guy who invented bubble wrap because I want to know why he didn't make it a toy. Popping those suckers is so addicting. Or Socrates, he's the man. Of course, he'd answer all my questions with a question so I'd spend the interview trying to get a response, answering my own questions, and eventually reaching some new level of enlightenment.  

4. What is the first thing you would do with a huge lottery win?
I'd buy out my father's business that he built from the ground. Talk about 'started from the bottom'. I'd hire an entire team to run it for him and plop him into a house/apartment/whatever he wanted where ever he wanted so he could just lay about and have jazz jam sessions. My father is hands down the most amazing man I will ever know. Only tears could ever express what he is to me. He raised me with absolutely no limitations and no worries, and so, I've lived without limits and with the knowledge that I'd always have the support I needed in any way that I needed it. And sometimes he has the nerve to think he could've done more. Crazy man!
Then I'd buy all of the things. Lots of things :)

5. What's the best advice you've received lately?
"Well then, do it now." I was talking to C about all the things I wish I'd done and that was his response. Simple as that.

6. What is the best advice you've offered someone lately?
I actually don't think I'm good at giving advice. I usually just say whatever's on my mind in a stream of consciousness sort of way. But my friends still talk to me about things, so I guess I'm not terrible. I'd have to ask them.

7. What did you want to be when you grew up?
A writer. How cliché is that?! But it's true. Oh, and for a brief moment I wanted to be a rockstar, but it was fleeting. I'm still a shower-time rockstar although I can't sing.

8. What TV or movie character do you most relate to?
Ever since I read This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen, I've related soo much to Remy Starr, the main character of the novel.  So that'd be the best answer. But since she's a fictional not a movie character (at least, not yet), I'd say Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl or Claire Standish from The Breakfast Club. Both girls have multiple layers - hard on the outside but so emotional on the inside -, and seem to "have it all" but are often misunderstood.

9. Name one of your guilty pleasures.
Disney channel. I'm 25 and I still watch it. I just makes me so happy. When I'm feeling overwhelmed, it reminds me that somethings are still simple and carefree (like just saying you're sorry when you've hurt someone).

10. If you wrote a memoir, what would you title it?
"Actually, I don't know." Because all my life, I've always had a plan; always had to have the answers. And now, although I still have a plan (or two!), I've learned that it's okay to not know everything. I'll live.

And so I nominate these wonderful bloggers who bring sunshine into my life, even if they don't know it:
Meredith @ Call Me What You Like
Jackie @ Buitiful Confessions
Mae @ Red Picket Fences
Emily C @ ND Love NY
Elle @ Dreaming In Blush

Your questions are:
1. If you wrote a memoir, what would you title it?
2. Pepsi or Coke?
3. What song can you not resist singing along to?
4. Pull 3 things out of your purse at random. What are they?
5. Who is your celebrity doppleganger?
6. If you could only choose one social network between Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, which one would you choose and why?
7. Tell us about a time you did something without your parents knowing and they never found out.
8. What's your must-have beauty product at the moment?
9. Name one of your guilty pleasures.
10. You've had the longest day. When you get home, you're starving and the new episode of Scandal (insert your favorite show) is coming on in 30 minutes. What do you whip up? Bonus points for giving us a quick recipe! Mmmm...

Hope you all had a lovely weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on your Sunshine Award! You definitely deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tabitha. I see that The Life We've Imagined nominated you for a Sunshine Award so congrats to you too!

      Delete
  2. I am TOTES a stream of consciousness kind of talker/advice giver. Sometimes I don't even make sense to myself....lol

    Holler for C just giving you that straight up advice. Bravo! And so true!

    Loveeeee that memoir title. That's legit, Kari! Copyright that ish, girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C is a very simple man :) Sometimes, too simple but, hey, when I'm so damn overdramatic, I need a lil of that. Balances me out.

      & thanks - pulled the title out of thin air though so I really can't take credit for its excellence (although I totally will)!

      Delete
  3. I <3 Sarah Dessen! That book is one of my favorites!

    That memoir title is genius. Please make that happen ASAP!

    This award is definitely perfect for you. You are bright and shiny place in this blog community! I'm so glad you have a blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished a Sarah Dessen book (& wrote a review on it!) and I'm trying to fight the urge to read another because I have so many other novels on my to-read list.
      & my life isn't nearly interesting enough to warrant a memoir ha!
      Awwww, thank you, Kari :) hehe

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for the nomination! Sorry I've been a bad blogger lately but life has been a little crazy! I can't wait until I regain some sort of normalcy. In the meantime, I'll be thinking of the answers to those questions, and just to let you know, your posts always brings sunshine to my day, too! I don't always comment, but I do read what you have to say. I look forward to your words to go along with my cup of tea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you have not been a bad blogger, Mae! Sometimes life just gets in it own way is all :) But I have to say I look forward to your responses, so don't keep me waiting too long (just kidding, kinda).

      & thanks for looking forward to my posts. I've always thought I compliment tea perfectly :)

      Delete
  5. congratulations !!! would you like to follow each other :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me love ❤ If you don't get a response from me, it's probably because you're a no-reply blogger. Fix that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...